Sourdough in Bread Machine/Cookbooks

hensley@columbus.rr.com
29 Nov 99 20:59:19 Eastern Standard Time
v099.n064.24
It's a good one..
For cookbooks, I have a basic one..Betty Crocker, that makes excellent
French Baguettes.  I also have Crust and Crumb (even signed by Peter thanks
to Bread-Bakers!!), and Also More Bread Machine Magic, and Rustic European
Breads.  Some of these are great for doughmaking in the machine.  I
personally like Crust and Crumb, and More Bread Machine Magic for the
machine. All these give recipes for 2-3 size loaves.

Enjoy everyone..Now is the time to bake!! Jenny

* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Sourdough French Bread 1

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread Recipes-Sourdough

     1/2           Cup  water
     3/4           Cup  healthy active sourdough starter
  1 1/2    Tablespoons  sugar
     3/4      Teaspoon  salt
  3               Cups  bread flour
  1 1/2      Teaspoons  active dry yeast

Place all ingredients in your machines fully assembled pan in the order
recommended by your machines manufacturer. Place the pan in your machine.
Select the French or Basic/White cycle and press start.

Per serving: 131 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (4% calories from fat); 4g
Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0
Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : You may need to add 1 Tbsp. Water or Flour at a time if and as
needed to obtain a smooth ball of dough.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0