matza meal

"Jodi L. Wittlin" <jlwittlin@yahoo.com>
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:38:31 -0800 (PST)
v099.n064.17
hello all:
this is my first time posting to the list, but i coudln't resist this
question.
someone asks about using matza meal, and what it is....
matza meal is crunched up matza.  i doubt you would find a bread recipe
using it, since the point of matza meal is to substitute in recipes for
flour or bread crumbs during PASSOVER...during which bread (and all
leavened foods, including cookies, beer, etc) is forbidden.
usually during the holidays, my mom uses it as a substitute for binder
where she might use flour or bread crumbs...for example, in meatballs.
however, one might try to experiment using matza meal in bread...since
i have to suffer with it for eight days during passover, i generally
avoid it during the rest of the year!!
good luck,
jodi