What makes good taste?

"Frank Brewster" <frankb@penn.com>
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 22:17:04 -0800
v099.n062.9
I am a rank amateur, and would appreciate advice from any of you experts.
(Everybody else is an expert in my book.)

- How can I print out a single, selected entry in the bread-bakers list,
such as V099.n061.10?

[Editor's Note: To print out a single entry select what you want to print,
copy and paste it into your favorite editing program (notepad/word/...)
then print it ... Reggie]

- I?ve learned that my taste tends to ?hearty? breads. I?ve made and
enjoyed, from both mixes and recipes, rye, multigrain and granary breads. My
favorite thusfar is granary bread, from KA?s mix (sold some months ago) and
KA?s recipe (shown in V099.061.10). Can anyone tell me what ingredients make
for a definite, satisfying, ?proteiny? taste? (Ordinary white breads are
usually blah.)

- In note V099.n061.1, ?Jazzbel? says that  ?Granary flour is a whole-wheat
flour with added malt wheat flakes.? Is this a valid definition?  And what
are malt wheat flakes? And, pray tell, what means ?AFAIK??

- Your readers rave about the taste of some breads in Germany. Do you know,
what is the secret ingredient?

I know substantially nothing, so anything that anyone can tell me will be
useful.

Thanks - Frank Brewster.