King Arthur Baking Classes

Frank.Yuhasz@pentairpump.com
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 20:15:04 -0500
v099.n060.4
Yesterday's classes in Toledo were informative, entertaining, and very much
worth the almost 100-mile drive each way. The instructor, Joe Carron, was
enthusiastic, helpful, and quite talented. His straightforward yet light
speaking style was thoroughly enjoyed by those present.

 For the morning sweet dough class, Joe made a sweet dough and shaped it
into a mock braid, a filled twist, and a 6-strand true braid. For the
evening rustic / sourdough class, he prepared a batch of sourdough using a
French starter, and shaped it into a baguette, an epi (sheaf of wheat), a
fougasse, and a boule decorated with wedges of four kinds of seeds.

Many door prizes were given to the audience. We came home with a box of SAF
yeast, two King Arthur plastic dough scrapers (great on Formica
countertops!), a bag of whole wheat flour, and a copy of the 200th
anniversay King Arthur Cook
Book! Both my husband and I won at each class!

I would highly recommend the classes to anyone interested in yeast breads!

Happy Baking!
Carolyn Dandalides