is a BM worth it??

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 08:42:42 -0800
v099.n059.19
I use a bread machine because I can no longer knead the dough by hand.  So
it is very much worth it to me.  When I am having a good day I also have
the option of using my Kitchen Aid mixer to make bread.  I also use my food
processor to make bread.  Each method produces a different textured bread
from the same recipe.  But each is just as good to me.  Maybe I am not as
discerning as some people about their breads.  I know that I enjoy bread
and will use any method available that I can to make it.  I do like the
convenience of making it in the bread machine because I don't have to come
down every few hours to do something to it.  I do touch it when I am using
a bread machine.  I have no problem with lifting the lid and handling the
dough.  I enjoy the feel of the dough at various stages and do
window-paning and touching a couple of times at least for each loaf.  Don't
be afraid to do this.  I also keep the lid up to make sure that the
liquid/dry ingredients are the right proportions ... I poke at it and when
it reaches the right feeling to my fingertip then I close the lid and don't
worry about it anymore.

Reggie