baking stone

Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 22:01:29 -0700
v099.n050.5
Mark,  you asked about baking stone.

I have a large oven  and could not find a baking stone to fit.

I took a sheet pan  to  local building material store and bought
firebrick (used to line fireplaces)  as they are tougher than tiles
which some people use. They are about 3/4 inch thick.
The guy at the building supply place cut a few pieces so as to fill the
sheet pan completely.
You can do the same thing with a large cookie sheet.
The firebrick work great

--
Andie Paysinger & the PENDRAGON Basenjis,Teafer,Cheesy,Singer & Player
asenji@earthlink.net    So. Calif. USA   "In the face of adversity, be