Soft Wrap Bread-Wendy's

JPellegrino <gigimfg@ix.netcom.com>
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:47:16 -0400
v099.n042.8
Kate asked for a bread similar to the Gordita by Taco Bell. I too love
that bread but the closest recipe I could ever find was this one from
Wendy's. I think the recipe came from this list a while ago.

JoAnn

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                        Soft Wrap Bread (Wendy's)

Recipe By     : The Baking Sheet-King Arthur Flour
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:20
Categories    :
   1      cup           milk
     1/4  cup           honey -- or light corn syrup
     1/4  cup           butter -- or shortening
   1      teaspoon      salt
   1      teaspoon      sugar -- up to 2 tablespoons
     1/4  cup           water
   2      teaspoons     instant yeast
   4      cups          all-purpose flour -- unbleached
   1      large         egg

Bread Machine Method: Scald the milk, and let it cool to lukewarm. Place
all of the ingredients, including the lukewarm milk,
into the pan of your bread machine in the order directed by the
manufacturer's instructions. Program the machine for manual or
dough, and press start. Allow the machine to complete its cycle. If the
dough isn't doubled by the end of the cycle, allow it to
remain in the machine for 30 minutes more, or until it's doubled.

Shaping: Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased surface and knead
briefly, then divide it into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece
into a ball, and let the balls rest, covered, for 15 minutes. Roll each
ball into an 8-10 inch round; the dough will be very thin.

Heat a griddle or heavy non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly brush
the pan with oil. Dry-fry each bread for 1 1/2-2 minutes
per side; the breads should remain mostly white on the first side, and
have small brown patches on the second side. Transfer
each round to a rack to cool, then wrap tightly to store.

NOTES : These breads may also be baked in a hot (475F) oven; place them
on a baking sheet, or directly on a baking stone.