Ezekiel Bread (Ezek 4:9 NKJ Version) 1.5 lb(Bread Machine)

"Russell J. Fletcher" <GIMPLIMP@EFFECTNET.COM>
Thu, 20 May 1999 23:44:34 -0700
v099.n026.9
This bread recipe is for Ezekiel bread, which is the recipe God gave Ezekiel
in Ezek 4.9 and told him to eat for 390 days. This recipe is made easier in
that you can use cooked beans rather than grinding beans as a lot of other
Ezekiel bread recipes are.  However, a batter bread is probably closer to
what Ezekiel actually ate.  There are additions such as honey, salt, olive
oil, and a little gluten flour to help it out in the bread machine, but
then the text doesn't mention the water that would be needed to make bread
either.  Since I am not good at making bread by hand, I've modified the
recipe from the verse for the bread machine.
 I started with other recipes and modified them for the NKJ version.  I used
this version because it agrees with Strong's concordance, and others.  The
Old English in the KJV had fitches, which was translated various ways by
some. say is spelt).

"And take for yourself wheat, barley, beans, lentils, millet, and spelt; put
them into one vessel, and make bread of them for yourself . . .
 This is the first time I have posted this recipe with the nutritional
information (and the 2nd time altogether).  14.2% calories from fat.

Russ Fletcher

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

        Ezekiel Bread (Ezek 4:9 NKJ Version) 1.5 lb(Bread Machine)

Recipe By     : Russell Fletcher GIMPLIMP@EFFECTNET.COM
Categories    : Bread Machine                    30 % Cff Or Less

   1      cup           water
   1 1/2  Tablespoons   olive oil
     1/4  cup           red kidney beans, cooked -- drained
     1/4  cup           lentils, cooked -- drained
   1 1/2  Tablespoons   honey
     3/4  teaspoon      salt
     3/4  cup           bread flour
     3/4  cup           barley flour
     3/4  cup           millet flour
     3/4  cup           spelt flour
   3      tablespoons   gluten flour
   1 1/2  teaspoons     active dry yeast

This bread had a surprisingly good taste, considering that a version of it
(eaten as barley cakes) was eaten by Ezekiel for a fast for 390 days.

Put all ingredients into the bread pan in the order suggested by your bread
machine.  I use the White Bread setting, Large Loaf (#2 for Oster machine).

This is a bread based on Ezekiel 4:9, New King James Version.  There are
additions such as honey, salt, olive oil, and a little gluten flour to help
it out in the bread machine, but then the text doesn't mention the water
that would be needed to make bread either.   Since I am not good at making
bread by hand, I've modified the recipe from the verse for the bread
machine.  I started with other recipes and modified them for the NKJ
version.  I used this version because it agrees with Strong's concordance,
and others.  The Old English in the KJV had fitches, which was translated
various ways by some. say is spelt).

"And take for yourself wheat, barley, beans, lentils, millet, and spelt; put
them into one vessel, and make bread of them for yourself . . .

made and formatted by Russ GIMPLIMP@EFFECTNET.COM  .

 Per Serving Nutritional Information
 Calories (kcal):              1,836.9      % Calories from Fat:
14.2%
 Total Fat (g):                   29.0      % Calories from Carb.:
70.0%
 Saturated Fat (g):                3.1      % Calories from Protein:
15.9%
 Monounsaturated Fat (g):         15.3      % Refuse
0.0%
 Polyunsaturated Fat (g):          2.7      Vitamin C (mg):
1
 Cholesterol (mg):                   0      Vitamin A (i.u.):
4
 Carbohydrate (g):               322.6      Vitamin B6 (mg):
0.29
 Dietary Fiber (g):               41.4      Vitamin B12 (mcg):
0
 Protein (g):                     73.3      Thiamin B1 (mg):
1.12
 Sodium (mg):                    1,627      Riboflavin B2 (mg):
0.94
 Potassium (mg):                   601      Folacin (mcg):
317.7
 Calcium (mg):                      50      Niacin (mg):
11.0
 Iron (mg):                       14.1      Caffeine (mg):
0.0
 Zinc (mg):                        2.5      Alcohol (g):
0.0

 Daily Values                               % Daily Value         % Daily
Value
                                            2000 Calorie Diet     2500
Calorie Diet
 Total Fat (g):                   29.0             45%
36%
      Saturated Fat (g):           3.1             15%
12%
 Cholesterol (mg):                   0              0%
0%
 Sodium (mg):                    1,627             68%
68%
 Carbohydrate (g):               322.6            108%
86%
      Dietary Fiber (g):          41.4            166%
138%
 Protein (g):                     73.3            147%
117%
 Vitamin A:  0%         Vitamin C:  2%      Calcium:  4%
Iron:  78%

---
Russell Fletcher GIMPLIMP@EFFECTNET.COM from
Battle Ground, Washington formerly gimplimp@teleport.com