Summer Loaf '99

"Michael C. Zusman" <mczkaz@teleport.com>
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:52:17 -0700
v099.n021.5
Dear Fellow Bread Bakers:

Mark your calendars!

I am pleased to announce that the 3rd annual
"Summer Loaf:  A Celebration of Bread" will be
taking place in Portland, Oregon on Saturday,
August 7, 1999.

As in past years, the event will be held in
conjunction with the weekly Portland Farmers'
Market and will feature artisan bakers from
throughout the Portland area (there are many); we
also hope to have some bakers from Seattle,
Eugene and possibly San Francisco.  Free samples
as well as loaves to buy will be
available.  Fresh seasonal produce in abundance
will also be sold.  As in the past, there will be
no admission charge.

We are tentatively planning an oven building
workshop, bread baking classes, a series of
speakers on bread baking related topics, book
signings by one or more well known baker-authors
and an amateur bread baking contest for the
locals.

Hope you can make it.