Bread Storage

TheGuamTarheels@webtv.net (Phyllis and Bob)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 22:58:24 -0500 (EST)
v099.n019.8
This will probably sound like a pretty silly question to all of you out
there in bread-baking land but I'm gonna ask it anyway:

What have you found to be the best way to store bread?  After my bread
has cooled, I slice
it and freeze it in baggies.  When I want some,
I take it out, let it thaw for a while, and then either toast it (for
breakfast) or heat it in the oven wrapped in foil (for dinner).  That
worked very well for me until I made some english muffins recently.  I
let them cool, fork-split 'em,
and popped them into the freezer (in a baggie).
When I went to get some out for breakfast, I found that my fat muffins
had shrunk into hockey pucks!  Whaddaya think, guys?  Am
I making a mistake in freezing the muffins as
I do the bread?  I knead your help so please
rise to the occasion.    Thanks,  Bob
P.S.  Maybe I shouldn't fork-split 'em before I
freeze 'em?