Rye Bread

MPCUMMINGS@aol.com
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:46:12 EST
v099.n019.5
It appears that purified water performs better than tap water.  The dough
seems to rise higher inthe ABM, so I tried making rye bread again, after
having sworn off further attempts.  In the end, the top caved in, but thanks
to the improved rise, I salvaged 12 slices.  I've tried dough enhancer, vital
wheat gluten, lemon juice.  The recipe was 1 cup rye to 3 cups white.  Machine
is West Bend 41042W.  Whatever the recipe, my rye bread either caves in, or
winds up 4 inches tall.  The machine turns everything else out well.
Any suggestions for improvement?