F.Y.I: Bread Book

ehgf@primenet.com (Ellen)
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:54:42 -0700 (MST)
v099.n018.6
Hi Guys,
        As the owner of 25+ bread books, I was bowled over by one I saw in
Barnes and Noble. It is called, "Ultimate Bread". What sets it apart is
it's fantastic photos. Not only are they artistically beautiful, but they
show everything a bread baker should know about the appearance of
ingredients, dough/starters at each stage of development, even the
appearance of different glazes before and after baking. As they say, "a
picture is worth a thousand words". I can't say enough about the beauty of
this book and how helpful I think it would be for all breadmakers, but
especially for newbies. It also contains some  glorious looking recipes,
although I can't vouch for how good they are. Alas, I did not buy "Ultimate
Bread" since Jessica's Biscuit sells it for $5.00 less so I will just have
to wait for it to come in the mail. Note: I have no ulterior motive in
recommending this book. I enjoy this list thoroughly and thought that I
would share my enthusiasm for a book that is both beautiful and
instructive.

                                                        Ellen aka Gormay

"Whenever you see food beautifully arranged on a plate, you know someone's
fingers have been all over it.".....Julia Child