Italian Bread-for the Bread Machine

"louhensley@mindspring.com" <louhensley@mindspring.com>
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:16:08 -0500 (EST)
v099.n017.8
I love to add garlic ( I usually use chopped or minced though)!!

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                              Italian Bread

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads-Bread Machine             Bread Recipes-Italian

*****  NONE  *****

 1 C. water
2 Tbs. olive oil ( the original called for 4 Tbs. of extra-light olive
oil: I use only 2 of whatever kind I have, and it's always come out
perfect, but it's your call )
3 C. bread flour
2 Tbs. sugar
1 Tsp. salt
2 tsp. active dry or 1 3/4 tsp. instant yeast

For "instant" garlic bread, you can add 1/2 to 1 Tsp. garlic powder, (or
the same amount of garlic paste, if you have any) and a Tsp.or so of dried
parsley ( go easy- unless it's St. Patrick's Day!) Bake on French bread
cycle, medium , for an authentic style crisp crust.