Kurtis' class

Sat, 06 Mar 1999 17:32:42 -0600
v099.n014.2
Jeff and I attended Kurtis Baguley's San Francisco Sourdough vs The French
Levain class last nite at Draeger's in Menlo Park, CA.  IF you ever get a
chance to attend any class by this gifted baker and wonderful instructor
**do so**!!  He explains everything very clearly and suddenly starter is
understandable (to me anyway).  The aroma that filled the room while he was
talking had everyone salavating and hoping that the loaves would come out
of the oven immediately.  Once they were out we got to taste them and they
were fantastic.  He uses natural fermentation (by capturing wild yeast) and
gave each of us a white and whole wheat batch of starter.

Reggie (heading downstairs to feed the starter)