Bread Bowls

"LuAnn Kessi" <kessi@pioneer.net>
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 16:45:29 +0000
v099.n011.19
              BREAD BOWLS

Set your bread machine on manual

1 1/3 C water
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 T salt
3 C bread flour (I have used 2 1/2 C bread flour and 1/2 C whole wheat flour
and it comes out really good)
2 1/2 tsp yeast

Poke the start button and "let 'er rip" When the machine shuts off
divide the dough into 3 pieces, roll each piece into a round ball and
place approx. 4" apart on flat pan (I used a baking stone and the
bottom comes out crusty too). Bake about 8 minutes at 375 and test for
doneness. Cool on rack. When ready to use simply cut off the top and
scrape out some of the insides, leaving approx 1/2" all around. Make
sure the kids are around when you do this as none of the bread will go
to waste!! Fill with soup or chowder and enjoy!!

**This same recipe can also be made on the french bread setting of your
machine and let
it bake in the machine.