: looking for a Portuguese sweet bread recipe

"Mega-bytes" <Mega-bytes@email.msn.com>
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:19:10 -0500
v099.n008.15
>I am also looking for pointers on converting standard bread recipes to
>ABM.  Any help and ideas are much appreciated.

>Thank you,
>Jennifer

Jennifer,

I don't have the sweet bread recipe you're looking for,  but hope these
will assist you  in converting your recipes for use with an ABM.

Martha

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                  Converting Bread Recipes To Breadmaker

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breads/Abm: Information

                        -GNJX21A

  Basically, if your recipe calls for 6 - 7
  cups of flour, divide the recipe in half for a 1 lb
  loaf. Your ingredients will be approximately:

7/8 - 1 cup liquid
2 - 2 2/3 cups flour
1/4 - 1 tsp salt
2 tsp - 3 T fat
2 tsp - 3 T sweetener
1 1/2 - 2  tsp yeast

  You may have to experiment a few times to get it just
  right. Watching the dough as it mixes helps to produce
  good results. It should form a smooth, pliable,
  slightly tacky ball of dough about half way through
  the kneading cycles. If it appears too wet or too dry,
  add more liquid or flour a tablespoon at a time, as
  needed. Linda in San Diego . . . . . 09/13 10:36 pm
  Posted on PRODIGY, September, 1994; formatted by
  Elaine Radis; PRODIGY ID, BGMB90B; GEnie, E.RADIS

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                   Converting Recipe To Fit Breadmakers

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breads/Abm: Information

                        -----INFORMATION
                        ONLY---------------------

    SOURCE:  The Bread Book by Betsy Oppenneer and
  posted on CompuServe by Nicole Novak SF/Staff,
  71750,3061#654535  and posted in the Salt-Rising Bread
  Area.  MM format by Ursula R. Taylor.
    Any recipe calling for approximately 6 cups of flour
  (which can include cracked wheat, old fashioned rolled
  oats, etc.) can be converted for us in bread machines.
  6 cups in the magic number because it can be easily
  divided by 3 or 2.  Every cup of flour represents 1/2
  lb. of bread.  The math is easy, although the formula
  does NOT apply to yeast.  And the amount of yeast
  makes a significant difference in the outcome of the
  bread.  Take my word for it ~~ my calculations for the
  yeast conversions work.
    FOR A 1 LB LOAF;  Divide all the ingredients in your
  6 cup recipe by 3 except for the yeast.  Put the
  ingredients into the machine in the order specified in
  the manual.  Use 1 tsp. of yeast for white flours
  breads. For breads containing whole wheat flour,
  increase the yeast to 1 1/2 tsp. If you find that the
  finished bread is dense, next time increase the yeast
  by 1/2 tsp.
    FOR A 1.5 LB. LOAF;  Divide all ingredients in half,
  except for the yeast.  Put the ingredients into the
  machine in the order specified in the manual.  Use 2
  tsp. yeast for white flour breads.  For breads
  containing whole wheat flour, increase the yeast to 2
  1/2 tsp.  If the baked bread is dense, next time
  increase the yeast by 1/2 tsp.