Looking for recipes

Vernon Webster <vernon@the-spa.demon.co.uk>
Wed, 30 Dec 98 00:54:15 +0000
v099.n001.1
>From: Reggie and Jeff Dwork <reggie@best.com>
>Subject: Looking for recipes
>snip
>We are bored with our regular breakfast foods (cereal, eggs, etc).  How about
>some recipes for breads/rolls/etc to make the center of breakfast?
>
>Soups are wonderful on cold winter days.  What breads would you make to go
>with them?

     How about using your standard bread recipe but adding 2-3 mashed
bananas. You will need to hold back about half the water and then add
more if needed; if too wet extra flour can be added. I used olive oil as
my fat, some ground cinnamon to spice and a couple of teaspoons of honey
to sweeten slightly. Before baking, coat the top with milk and sprinkle
over poppy seeds (I used white ones).
     I found this bread is good for breakfast with honey, with soups
(such as squash soup) and toasted with cashew nut (or peanut) butter.

     Hope everyone had a good Christmas and wish you all the best for the
coming year; especially Reggie and Jeff Dwork.

          Vernon.