assorted banana breads

Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:18:21 -0800
v098.n076.13
BANANA SPLIT BREAD
Banana Wheat Bread
BANANA-WALNUT BREAD

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                            BANANA SPLIT BREAD

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 15   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breadmaker                       Chocolate

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1      package       Yeast
   3      cups          Better for Bread flour
   2      tablespoons   Gluten
   2      tablespoons   Sugar
   1      teaspoon      Salt
     1/8  teaspoon      Baking soda
     1/3  cup           Instant nonfat dry milk
     1/3  cup           Walnuts -- broken
   1                    Egg
   2      tablespoons   Vegetable oil
   1      teaspoon      Vanilla
   4      ounces        Banana -- 1 med/sliced into the -- inner pan
  10                    Strawberries -- froz/thawed their liquid
     1/3  cup           Crushed pineapple -- drained juice.
     1/3  cup           Pineapple juice -- from pineapple/heated
     1/2  cup           Chocolate chips
   4      cups          Maraschino cherries -- drained

Place all ingredients (EXCEPT CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND CHERRIES) into the
inner
pan in the order listed, select white bread and push "Start." Add the
chips and cherries when the Auto Bakery "beeps," 88 minutes into the
cycle. (33 min. with DAK Turbo II) Delightful whether eaten fresh,
chilled
or toasted, this soda fountain special is even more spectacular when
spread with cream cheese blended with minced maraschinos and their
liquid.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                            Banana Wheat Bread

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 15   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breadmaker

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/4  cup           Honey
     1/4  cup           Water
   1                    Egg
     1/4  cup           Oil
     1/2  teaspoon      Vanilla
   2                    Ripe bananas -- sliced
     1/2  teaspoon      Salt
   1      teaspoon      Poppy seeds (optional)
   1 1/2  cups          Bread flour
   1 1/2  cups          Wheat flour
   1      tablespoon    Yeast
     1/2  cup           Chopped walnuts

I add the walnuts at the beginning with other ingred. It seems to mix
better. You can also add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon if you like. We like it
better without.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                           BANANA-WALNUT BREAD

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breadmaker                       Fruits

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
     2/3  cup           Milk
     1/2  cup           Ripe banana -- mashed
   1                    Egg
   2      tablespoons   Margarine -- or butter
   3      cups          Bread flour
   3      tablespoons   Sugar
     3/4  teaspoon      Salt
     1/4  teaspoon      Ground cinammon -- (optional)
   1      teaspoon      Active dry yeast
     3/4  cup           Walnuts -- or pecans
                        chopped

I have a receipe for Banana-Walnut Bread which I found in my Better
Homes
& Gardens Bread Machine Bounty. Add ingredients to machine according to
manufactrers directions, adding the banana with the milk. (Use light
setting, if available.)