what to serve w/Pumpkin, Cranberry breads

"J. Mathew" <joanm@bigfoot.com>
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 08:14:06 -0500
v098.n070.8
> All these pumpkin and cranberry breads sound delicious, but what
> do you serve these with?

I haven't seen every recipe that's been posted with those ingredients,
but....

Depending upon what else has been served with the meal, I like to slather
yogurt cheese on top of these sweet-type breads.  For instance, if one is
serving it as a snack or for breakfast, or perhaps with a fruit salad at
lunch or dinner, it is good with this yogurt cheese.  The flavors are
wonderful this way.

If you don't want to make yogurt cheese (just drain plain yogurt until it
resembles the consistency of cream cheese or is spreadable like that) then
you can certainly substitute softened cream cheese.

I've seen some people put butter on this type of bread, but I don't like
it that way.  I find that too greasy and it interferes with the delicate
flavors of the bread.  I think yogurt cheese or cream cheese blends very
nicely....YMMV.

Hope that helps,
Joan