Mixmaster and Dough hooks

LAllin@aol.com
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 09:05:10 EDT
v098.n070.4
I have been making bread with a bread machine for a number of years now.  Over
those years, I have seen messages (here and elsewhere) from folk who use a
Mixmaster and think it can't be be beat.

I recently bought an old 12-speed Mixmaster, with dough hooks, so I thought
I'd give it a try making bread.  But, I don't have a clue how to use it;
beyond the obvious, of course.  What speed, the Mixmaster "dial" has a
quickbread setting but not a bread setting?  How do I know how long to process
the dough with the Mixmaster dough hooks, any conversion factors to apply to
traditional bread recipes?

Any help appreciated.