Re: Digest bread-bakers.v098.n039

ptj <gypsy-witch@rocketmail.com>
Wed, 27 May 1998 12:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
v098.n041.10
I think the best book on the subject is THE BEST BREAD EVER by Charles
Van Over. It's also the only book I've ever seen that is devoted
entirely to the subject of bread kneaded in the food processor.

It is available from Jessica's Biscuit (www.jessicas.com)at a slight
discount, but the freight charges will kill off the discount. You can
find it at Amazon.com for a slightly larger discount, but my
experience with them is that their freight is a little higher. Of
course, if finances are REALLY tight, it is probably available from
the library.

Bright blessings

gypsy

> Dear Bakers,
>
> My new neighbor has problems with her hands, so she can't knead
bread by
> hand, and she has problems with her finances, so she can't buy a bread
> machine or a heavy-duty mixer, but she does have a good-sized
Cuisinart
> food processor.  She made some yeast bread dough in the food processor
> this afternoon, and I checked it out.  It seemed to be okay, and it
rose
> and baked well.  I haven't tasted it yet, though I am sure it is just
> fine as she took my advice for ingredients! ;)
>
> Does anyone out there have any specific advice for using the food
> processor for making yeast bread?  Any general advice or specific
books
> to read would be appreciated.

===

Visit Hearthstone Community Church on the Web at
www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/4213

The gods move in mysterious ways. Sometimes it falls to us mortals to
read them the road map...