American Garlic & Parsley Bread

"Mimi B." <mimisbox@hotmail.com>
Tue, 19 May 1998 13:06:04 CDT
v098.n040.13
I made this bread 5-16-98.  Missed adding the 2 tablespoons of sugar,
but it still turned out okay.  I had oat bran on hand, so I used that
instead of the wheat bran.  I will add the additional garlic clove as
specified at the end of the recipe next time.  It was a good, hearty
loaf and it did very nicely in my Toastmaster Bread Box.  From:  Swift
10,000 Recipes CD-ROM.

I re-made this on 5-18-98, remembered the sugar this time and added the
extra clove of garlic.  The sugar must make a difference, the top of the
loaf almost hit the viewing window on my machine!

********** RECIPE BEGINS ********

TITLE    :  American Garlic And Parsley Bread - Machine
SERVES   :  12
KeyWords :  Breadmaker
Ingredients:

   1  1/2  teaspoon         Active dry yeast
   3       cups             Bread flour
   3       tablespoons      Wheat germ
   3       tablespoons      Wheat bran
   1  3/4  teaspoons        Salt
   2       tablespoons      Sugar
   2       tablespoons      Vegetable oil
   2                        Garlic cloves, minced
   3       tablespoons      Chopped fresh parsley
OR 3       teaspoons        dried
   1  1/4  cups             Water

Instructions:
Add all ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine
manual and process on the basic bread cycle according to the
manufacturer's directions.  For DAK/Welbilt, use White bread setting.
Let the loaf cool before slicing.  Serve plain or toasted.  "This is
good bread for a steak sandwich, French dip roast beef, or a grilled
mozzarella cheese and tomato sandwich.  Baking the garlic right in the
bread lightens the garlic flavor.  If this is not a strong enough garlic
statement for you, add another clove."

Notes:
********** RECIPE ENDS ********

Mimi :]