Help! My bread tastes like yeast!

Greg Johnson <gjohnson@stratem.com.au>
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:49:02 +1100
v098.n017.5
Hi all,

I am in serious need of help!  I used to bake bread quite a lot, however
hadn't for about 18 months.  The other day I decided to try baking again,
using a little extra knowledge from reading this list...

I used the following recipe:
14g dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
4 cups flour (white - unbleached)
1 teaspoon dough enhancer (lecithin, ginger, Vit C powder as per this list)
water (can't quite remember how much)

Now, I forgot to put salt in the mix, but didn't think this was a problem.
 I let the dough rise for about 1 hour, knocked it back and kneaded again
for about 5 mins.  Shaped into a loaf and let rise for another hour and
then baked.  It came out looking beautiful.

The problem is that the bread tastes of yeast.  Not just mildly either!  Am
I using the wrong amount of yeast?  The measurements are as per the yeast
box!

Is it the dough enhancer that is causing me trouble?

HELP!  Please!

Thanking you all in advance,

Greg.

GREG JOHNSON