blueberry oatmeal bread

jrjet@mtco.com (Dot & Tim McChesney)
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:54:21 -0600
v098.n016.4
Found this on the web and it looked really good so I thought I would pass
it along...

Dot

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                         Blueberry Oatmeal Bread

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bakery:Breads

   2      Cups          all-purpose flour
   1      Cup           quick-cooking oats
     3/4  Cup           sugar
   2      Teaspoons     baking powder
   1      Teaspoon      lemon peel -- grated
     1/2  Teaspoon      baking soda
     1/2  Teaspoon      salt
   1 1/4  Cups          skim milk
     1/3  Cup           oil
   2      Teaspoons     vanilla
   2                    eggs -- slightly beaten
   1      Cup           blueberries -- frozen -- thawed,
                        -- well drained

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bottom only of 9" X 5" loaf
pan.  In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar,  baking powder,
lemon peel, baking soda, & salt. In small bowl, combine milk,
oil, vanilla, and eggs; mix well.  Add to dry ingredients; stir
just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Gently fold in blueberries.
Pour into greased pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted
in center comes out clean. Cool ten minutes; remove from pan.  Cool
completely.  Wrap tightly and store in refreigerator.

*  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/3053     #
#  ICQ# -- 5004723                             *
*  email:  jrjet@mtco.com      Chillicothe, IL #