m & m bread

Luvmysable@aol.com
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 11:26:39 EST
v098.n014.2
I saw the posts about adding M&M's to a batter.  I have a sister in law
who is nuts over M&M's (especially peanut) pun intended.  We are getting
together in a couple of weeks and I would love to surprise her with a
M&M bread.

I haven't tried either of these recipes, but i hope they help.  The first is
from Donna German's Bread Machine Cookbook II and the second is from her Bread
Machine Cookbook III.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread

(large loaf)

1 1/2 cups milk
2.3 cup peanut butter
2 tbl. honey
2/3 tsp. salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups bread flour
2 tsp. yeast
at the beep, add 2/3 cup chocolate chips (or, M&M's in your case)

Add ingredients according to manufacturer's suggestion.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bread

(large loaf)
1 cup milk
2 tbl. margarine
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbl. sugar
2 tbl. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups bread flour
2 tsp. yeast
at the beep, add 1/2 to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (M&M's in your case)

Add ingredients according to manufacturers suggestion.

Hope this helped.

Pat Hartley