Proofing bread

QuiltnGal@aol.com
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 00:22:23 EST
v098.n012.7
Hi everyone!  This is my first time to post to this list but wanted to let you
know how I proof my bread when I'm not using my bread machine.  First, wet a
kitchen towel an squeeze out the excess water.  Place the folded towel in your
microwave and microwave for 3-4 minutes.  Leave the towel in the microwave.
Place your bread dough, either in a greased bowl or in the baking pans
depending on which rise it is on, into the microwave.  DO NOT turn on the
microwave.  Let rise as usual.  It will take less time than at room
temperature and you won't have to worry about the dough deflating because it
stuck to the waxed paper in the final rise.  Hope all of this makes sense!

Laura, QuiltnGal@aol.com
Castle Rock, CO