Raising in the microwave

CMoore9914@aol.com
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 12:00:08 EST
v098.n011.2
I make one loaf of bread at the time. I knead it in my food processor and
raise it in the microwave. This saves me ton of time especially when I forget
to start bread early in the afternoon. I bring 3 cups of water to boil in the
microwave in a 4-cup measuring cup. After the water boils, I slide the cup to
the corner and put in my covered bread for the first rising. I put the power
on low or 2 for about 10 minutes, then check the bread. If it hasn't risen
enough, I go another 5 minutes. I take the bread out and shape it and put it
on a baking stone or in a stone pan. Cover it up and back into the microwave
as before. It works everytime and I get such lovely brown bread on the baking
stone.
Cindy