Cuisinart problem

Carolyn Preston Dawson <ckdawson@istar.ca>
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:56:20 -0700
v098.n009.7
My Cuisinart does the same thing.  It is to be expected.  Unless you have a
rubber O-ring or gasket to seal the bottom of such a device, you will not
have a seal for liquids (note the bottom of your blender--it has a rubber
gasket).  It sounds to me like you are trying to use a food processor to
replace a blender!  A Cuisinart is not intended for very liquidy things.

If you are trying to puree a mixture of very liquid and very solid things
(such as a vegetable soup), try using a slotted spoon to get out all of the
solids, put in the Cuisinart, add a small quantity of liquid (do not let
liquid portion go over the level of the top of the blade accessory) and
process.

You can't do too much at a time and will have to use a bowl to collect the
processed portion of your recipe.  If you find that you still have some
bits in your mixture and want it very smooth, use your blender to finish.

Carolyn Dawson