biscuit recipe

Joan Ross <rosskat@pipeline.com>
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 06:09:55 -0500 (EST)
v098.n008.8
I thought readers may enjoy the following biscuit recipe.
If anyone is interested in more biscuit and scone recipes I have just posted
my new biscuit and scone primer to share for those who enjoy this type of
baking.

http://www.pipeline.com/~rosskat/

Chocolate Biscuits-

2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar ( to taste )
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk

Combine the dry ingredients. Cut in the shortening as you would do for pie
dough to achieve a crumb texture. Mix vanilla and milk. Gradually stir
liquids into flour mixture to produce a soft dough . Knead beiefly on a
lightly floured surface . Roll or pat dough out to 1/2 inch thick. Cut out
with biscuit cutter and bake 450F for 12 to 15 minutes or done. These are
nice for breakfast with butter and jam or could even be used as a dessert
biscuit. The number of biscuits you get are dependent on how large or small
your biscuit cuttter is.These freeze well . Enjoy!

Visit the Ross Family Homepage
http://www.pipeline.com/~rosskat/ personal & culinary topics