Cuisinart Food Processor Problem

"Veronica Betancourt" <vbetancour@novell.com>
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 21:45:28 -0800
v098.n007.4
I bought a Cuisinart (11 cup) and am wondering if I have a defective one.
Has anyone experienced the following problems:  I used the Cuisinart this
evening and I filled it up with liquid (soup mixture to puree) up to about
1 inch from the top of the rim and when I turned it on, about 1/4 cup of
liquid squirt out even though it was tightly sealed. I think some of the
liquid seeped through the bottom as well.  Shouldn't the blade fit snugly
into the bowl? It has about 1/4 inch of extra space for the blade to move
around. My smaller and older Hamilton Beach processor doesn't have this
problem neither does my mini Cuisinart.