Re: ABM with no timer for pizza dough

SmokeyKat4 <SmokeyKat4@aol.com>
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 07:37:51 EST
v098.n005.10
Thank you for your idea...but I don't think it will work with my Welbilt ABM.
When you plug it into the outlet, you have to THEN set the cycle. Then you
have to press the start button for it to work. I have a timer and I will
experiment with it. Thanks for the idea!
Barbara

>>Hi, everyone.  This is my first time posting to the list, so I hope I'm
doing it right.  Barbara, I'll try and email you directly, too, just so you
get this tip.

Barbara wrote that her ABM doesn't have a timer for dough, and she wanted to
know if she could warm her dough in the microwave after it's been sitting in
the refrigerator all day.  Well, Barbara, I can't answer that question, but
you can use your own timer, and save yourself a lot of time and trouble!  Just
buy an inexpensive lamp/appliance timer (the kind you use to turn your lights
on and off when you're on vacation) and turn on your machine to the dough
setting.  Set the appliance timer to the time you want the machine to begin
the dough-making process (my machine needs 1 1/2 hours).  This method may not
work with all machines -- I hope if works for yours!  (By the way, I use an
appliance timer with my crockpot, too, for things that don't need to cook for
8 hours.)<<