Re: Swedish Limpa Bread

RossGW <RossGW@aol.com>
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 01:21:07 EST
v097.n083.8
On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 at 21:45 EST you wrote:

>  Season's Greetings to all. My first time to post and I am desperate. I lost
my
>  Limpa Bread Recipe. Anyone, please? Share your recipe??
>  Thanks!

>  Lee
>  E-Mail : wokkin@juno.com

I found this recipe at http://www.nmt.edu/~breynold/cookbook/limpa.html.
If you need a non-ABM recipe, let me know -- I have one in one of my bread
cookbooks.

Gregory Ross

Limpa Rye Bread for Electric Bread Machine
================================

When I first got my electric bread machine I searched all over for a recipe
for Limpa Rye. This is the first I've found. It comes from the book The Bread
Machine Bakery Book, by Richard W. Langer (Little, Brown, c1991)
1 1/2 cups milk, whole or skim
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 Tbsp. unsulphured molasses
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup rye flour
2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cocoa
1 Tbsp. grated orange rind
1 tsp. aniseed, lightly crushed
1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
1/4 to 1 tsp. salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast

Pour milk into the baking pan of your bread machine and measure in first the
oil, then molasses (unless the instructions for your machine specify that the
yeast is to be put in the bottom of the pan, followed by the other dry and
then the liquid ingredients.) Add all-purpose and rye flours, brown sugar,
cocoa, orange rind, aniseed, caraway seeds, and salt. Distribute yeast as
directed for your machine.

Bake on a quick cycle

--
For more recipes from the New Mexico Tech Library staff, see our Potluck
Cookbook.

This recipe is brought to you by...
Betty Reynolds
New Mexico Tech Library