Bread machine cookbooks: your recommendations

"Josée Olivier" <jolivier@autoroute.net>
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 09:43:43 +0000
v097.n080.18
Many thanks to everyone who e-mailed me their suggestions.  As
promised, here is the summary (in no particular order, although the
ones with stars were mentioned most frequently):

*1. any of the books by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway
	- Bread Machine Magic
	- More Bread Machine Magic- good for bagels
	- The Bread Machine Book of Helpful Hints- excellent
troubleshooting book/very strong technically and also has very good
recipe selection- see also their website at www.breadmachinemagic.com
*2. any of Donna Rathmell German's books (Nitty Gritty Cookbooks)
	- 6 or 7 of them, about $8 each; which one depends on your
needs/likes eg vol I is basic, vol V has more exotic recipes
3. books by Lora Brody and Millie Apter
	- Breadmachine Baking Perfect Every Time
	- Electric Bread
	- More Electric Bread
4. Fleischmann's Yeast Bread Machine Favourites- see website
www.breadworld.com- (Note: they have a version for  Canadian readers
too)
5. Great Bread Machine Recipes- Norman Garrett- inexpensive and
recipes come out right for Toastmaster

Some of these books are available  at
http://www.upword.com/bread/brdbook.html

Some people also wrote "Why get a cookbook at all, with all the great
resources on the Internet?" e.g. Lots of people have shared their
recipes as part of the Web Bread Recipe Archive at:
http://www.upword.com/bread/

Thanks again, I will be checking out the bookstores over the
holidays.

Josee Olivier
jolivier@autoroute.net