dough inhancer

Joan Ross <rosskat@pipeline.com>
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 09:57:31 -0500 (EST)
v097.n080.4
I have had a lot of success by using things as lemon juice or leichitin or
malt syrup as natural dough relaxers and conditioners.Also chilling the
dough helps relax the gluten a lot. Also mixtures of flour alter the dough
tendency such as mixing part high gluten and all purpose in some bread
recipes.Cornstarch added to certain doughs also help relax and tenderize the
dough.

I do have experience with one "commercial" dough conditioner. Truthfully I'd
rather not have all the extra ingredients ( can't even pronounce them : )
)in my bread and prefer the lemon juice or citric acid rountine instead

Joan
Visit the Ross Family Homepage
http://www.pipeline.com/~rosskat/ personal & culinary homepage
baking primers, recipes, food photos, links and family stuff :)