Re: Bread Machine Cookbook

Takt EZ <TaktEZ@aol.com>
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 20:29:37 EST

<< I recently got a bread machine (Toastmaster Breadbox 1186) and am
 looking for a good basic bread machine cookbook.  So as not to
 clutter up my bookshelves, I plan to buy only one or maybe two
 such books, so they would have to be excellent. >>

Hi Josee

I have a fairly extensive library of books on the topic of baking with yeast,
but if I had to limit myself to just one, it would be The Bread Machine Book
Of Helpful Hints by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway.  This book provides the
best of all worlds.  It not only has a great recipe section but is also very
strong technically.  For anyone wanting to know more about yeast baking than
simply dumping the ingredients it the machine and pressing start, this book is
a must.   It contains everything the home baker needs and it's presented in a
useful, interesting and readable format.  In addition, the book is just plain
fun to read.

I obtained my copy at the local Barnes and Noble store, but it is also
available from King Arthur's Bakers Catalog.