Re: bread-bakers. v097.n073

Ruth Warren <herblady@netnitco.net>
Mon, 01 Dec 1997 06:30:08 -0600
v097.n076.1
Being new to the list, but an ABM user for 6 years now (just bought my
first loaf of bread in all this time for Thanksgiving due to time
constraints) I thought I'd add my opinion for what it's worth.

Laura Brody's dough enhancer can be found at many gourmet cooking
shops and depts. throughout the country.

Yeasty taste: Cut yeast to 1 1/2 t, AND BE SURE TO PUT INGREDIENTS
INTO PAN IN THE ORDER GIVEN BY MFGR.

I've tried both Donna German's recipes and found them to be
satisfactory,
just try medium recipe first, before the large one, unless you
have a 2# machine. Tends to rise high.

I've heard the Zo is the top of the line ABM. Haven't used one yet tho.
About Concsumer's Report's listing. I disagree with some of what they
say. I feel the best way to choose a machine is to ask lots of ABM
owners.  Of course, everyone likes their own machine. But ask them what
their "dream" machine is and why. Should get some good advice.
Such as I love my West Bend, but if I could I'd like a Zo. Besides
features, ask about service. For which West Bend beats anyone hands down
I think.