Re: cornbread in bread machine

MHarris269@aol.com
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 21:58:36 -0400 (EDT)
v097.n062.19
  We purchased a Regal bread machine, which has a quick bread cycle, so I
figure we may as well get some use from it.  It makes an okay quickbread, not
as good as the oven...but there are times when I prefer not to heat up the
kitchen, or wash a bunch of bowls and spoons.  Here is the recipe I use:

Honey Corn Bread

1 cup cornmeal                3 tbsp. butter
1 cup flour                       1/3 c. honey
3-1/2 tsp. baking powder   1 egg, beaten
dash salt                          1 cup milk

Mix corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt. Melt butter with
honey and cool slightly before adding beaten egg and milk.

Add liquids to dry ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.  Pour
into a greased 8x8" cake pan and bake at 425F for 18-20 min.

If using the quickbread cycle of the bread machine, just dump
everything in.
I tried about 200 recipes in searching for the ultimate cornbread.
This was the best of the bunch, in my opinion.

MHarris269@aol.com