dough conditioners - and relaxers

trfox@arcos.com
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:51:21 -0400
v097.n062.14
Kim Mosley mentioned bromide dough conditioners in her question, and
although I know nothing about that, recently I tried to find out what is in
Laura Brody's dough relaxer. Even when I was able to correspond with her
directly I did not get a response to that part of my question. My cousin was
going to purchase some of the dough relaxer for me on a visit to King Arthur
Flours  but when I learned from Ms. Brody that it should not be frozen, and
would last only a year, I decided against buying a product that I was likely
to use only half a dozen times during its expected shelf life.
        If anyone knows what the key ingredient in dough relaxer is, and how
much should be used for a recipe of pizza dough, I'd appreciate that
information being shared. Otherwise, I guess I'll just do battle [or
skirmish] with the dough.

Toby - Toronto/Oakville