Re: chocolate breads

"Bill Hatcher" <bhatcher@gc.net>
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 08:29:36 -0400
v097.n060.10
Here are a couple.  I have made the chocolate zuchinni bread several times and
it is quite good.  Haven't made the muffins yet but they look promising.

Enjoy!

----
Bill Hatcher
bhatcher@gc.net
Southampton County, Virginia, USA

- - Be naughty;  save Santa Claus a trip - -

>--------------- MESSAGE bread-bakers.v097.n059.9 ---------------
>From: Mldlawson@aol.com
>Subject: chocolate breads
>Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 21:51:35 -0400 (EDT)
>This is my first posting, so please forgive me if these recipes were recently
>posted, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recipes that include chocolate or
>cocoa in the bread? Both yeast and quickbread recipes are welcomed. I have a
>WestBend bread machine, but also attempt to bake by hand. Thanks!
>---------

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *
                         Chocolate-Zucchini Bread
Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breads
   2 1/2  c             All purpose flour
     1/2  c             Cocoa powder
   2 1/2  tsp           Baking powder
   1 1/2  tsp           Baking soda
   1      tsp           Salt
   1      tsp           Cinnamon
     3/4  c             Margarine or butter, softened
   2      c             Sugar (or 1 1/3 c. powdered fructose)
   3      - -           Eggs
   2      tsp           Vanilla
   2      tsp           Grated orange peel
   2      c             Coarsely grated, unpeeled zuchinni
     1/2  c             Milk
   1      c             Chopped nuts

Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
With a mixer beat the butter and sugar until smooth.  Add eggs and beat well.
With a spoon stir in vanilla, orange peel, and zucchini. Alternately stir in the
dry ingredients and the milk.  Add nuts at the last.
Pour into 10-in. tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.  May also be
baked in small or medium loaf pans.
Drizzle with sugar glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Freezes well.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *
                           Cocoa Banana Muffins
Recipe By     : Unknown
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads                           Muffins
   1      cup           flour
   2      teaspoons     baking powder
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
   2      tablespoons   cocoa
     1/2  cup           sugar
   1 1/2  cups          All-Bran® Cereal
     3/4  cup           skim milk
   2      large         egg whites
   2      tablespoons   oil
   1      cup           mashed bananas
Combine flour, baking powder, salt. cocoa & sugar.
Combine all bran & milk. Let stand 2 minutes. Add egg whites &
oil. Beat well. Stir in banana. Add flour mixture, stirring just until
combined.  Pour into 12 greased muffin cups.
Bake at 400F for 25 minutes.