Re: sour dough

"Bill Hatcher" <bhatcher@gc.net>
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 07:50:44 -0400
v097.n059.8
Here are a couple that I use on occasion.

I have never found or developed a SD recipe for the ABM that I am totally
satisfied with.  I developed the second recipe, and while the bread is fairly
good, it has so far been my experience that SD breads are great hand-made, but
just don't seem to translate over to the ABM very well.

I have some other excellent recipes for SD, including hand-made French bread,
waffles and hot cakes if you would like a copy.

Regards.

Bill Hatcher
bhatcher@gc.net
Southampton County, Virginia, USA
- - Be naughty;  save Santa Claus a trip - -

-----Original Message-----
From: bread-bakers-errors@lists.best.com <bread-bakers-errors@lists.best.com>
To: bread-bakers@lists.best.com <bread-bakers@lists.best.com>
>From: smothers@ionet.net
>Subject: sour dough
>Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 01:01:00 -0500
>
>Does anyone have a good white sourdough recipie for the bread machine to
>share with me.  I have a started all ready to go but the only recipie I have
>in for sourdough french bread and I would like to try just some plain white.
>I have a tostmaster 1195.
>Thank you,
>Jalaine

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *
                       Best Bread Machine Sourdough
Recipe By     : Adapted from recipe of Helen Fleischer.
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Breads
                Sourdough
     1/2  c             Water -- warm
   1      c             Sourdough Starter
   1      tb            Oil
   2 1/4  c             Bread Flour
   1      tb            Sugar
   1      tsp           Salt
     3/4  tbs           Yeast
Place ingredients in bread machine in order given. Use quick bread setting.
                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *
                    Bill's ABM Italian Sourdough Bread
Recipe By     : Bill Hatcher <bhatcher@gc.net>
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Breads
                Sourdough                        To/From Breadlist
                To/From Eat-L                    To/From Mc-Recipe
   1      cup           sourdough starter
     3/4  cup           warm water*
   2      tablespoons   oil
   2      teaspoons     salt
   3 1/4  cups          bread flour*
   2 1/4  teaspoons     yeast
Place ingredients in bread machine pan in order given.
Use the "Bread Rapid" or whatever the setting is called on your machine for
reduced cooking time.
*May need to be adjusted, depending on consistency of your sourdough starter.
Dough should ball and just pull away from sides of pan during kneading.