Re: The cost of home baking vs. store-bought

"Bill Hatcher" <bhatcher@gc.net>
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 08:03:55 -0400
v097.n059.6
This subject came up quite a while ago, and I figured out that using bulk
ingredients (flour, yeast), but not amortizing the cost of the bread machine
(who knows how long it will last? - My Regal is several years old), it costs me
about US $0.23 per loaf of white bread.  I use an Italian bread recipe that has
nothing but flour, water, oil, salt and yeast in it.

Regards.

Bill Hatcher
bhatcher@gc.net
Southampton County, Virginia, USA
- - Be naughty;  save Santa Claus a trip - -