Cranberry Nut Bread

Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:00:41 -0700
v097.n053.20
I have not made this yet but since there was a discussion recently about
cardamom I thought some might want to use it in this recipe.

Reggie

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Cranberry Nut Bread

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 10   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads                           Desserts
                Low Fat

   2      Cups          flour
   1      Cup           sugar
   1 1/2  Teaspoons     baking powder
   1      Teaspoon      salt
     1/2  Teaspoon      baking soda
   6                    Cardamom Pods -- interior part only,
                        optional
   1      Cup           orange juice
   1      Tablespoon    grated orange peel
   2      Tablespoons   shortening
   1                    egg -- well beaten
   1 1/2  Cups          cranberries
     1/2  Cup           walnuts -- coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 deg F. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder,
salt, baking soda and cardamom. Stir in orange juice, orange peel,
shortening and beaten egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries
and nuts. Turn into a 9 x 5" loaf pan that has been greased on the
bottom only. Bake approximately 1 hour. Cool enough to handle before
turning out of pan.

Serves 10

Published 1/31/96 in the San Jose Mercury News. Copied with permission.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 253 0 0 0 0 0 0 0