Cardamon

"Ellen C." <ellen@elekta.com>
Sun, 10 Aug 97 09:22:52 EDT
v097.n052.4
Bonnie asked about where to buy cardamon less expensively:

Check your local Health Food Store. Many of them sell spices in bulk, and they
are soooo much less expensive than buying the pre-bottled ones in the grocery.

By buying from bulk bins, you can purchase much smaller quantities and keep
replenishing them with fresh spices. Also, I typically by my spices whole, not
ground, and then grind them as needed. This preserves the flavor.

If you can't find a local HFS that sells spices in bulk, then you might try
Penzeys, Ltd. They are a specialty spice mail-order company (414-679-7207).
They offer 5 types of Cardamon, ranging from $3 to $16 per 4 oz.

I hope this helps.

--
Ellen C.
ellen@brakes.elekta.com