Re: Spices

Bill King <king7890@airmail.net>
Sat, 9 Aug 97 17:37:12 -0500 (CDT)
v097.n052.1
>I really would like to find a place
that would offer a better price for spices.  Any help would be appreciated.

I love to use and learn about spices. A few  of the sources that I use are:

Spices etc.
PO Box 5266
Charlottesville, VA 22905-5266
 www.spicesetc.com

The New Orleans School of cooking
620 Decatur Street
New Orleans LA 70130

The Baker's Catalogue
PO Box 876
Norwich, Vermont 05055-0876
1-800-827-6836

The most wonderful spice store that I ever entered was in Houston Texas
several years ago. It was
an East Indian  store with amazing prices and very fresh spices. The ones
that I bought have kept in glass jars for years! I do not know if they
would ship by mail or not, or even if they are still in business, but it is
a great experience just to go there & smell the aromas. Perhaps someone
from Houston could update us??

The Jay Store
6688 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77074

These are some of my favorites. I hope that others will list their's so we
might get a good collection of sources.  Thanks to anyone who will take
time to write. S King