Re: popcorn

Carolyn Taylor <ctaylor@bmi.net>
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 10:29:54 -0700 (PDT)
v097.n051.16
From: Irwin@prodigy.com (MR IRWIN H FRANZEL)
>Subject: Why no popcorn? ABM recommendation
>Date: Sat,  2 Aug 1997 12:24:33, -0500
>
>Mr Franzel from MagicMill said

>Carolyn Taylor asks, "Why no popcorn?" All mills are limited in the
>hardness of the materials they can grind.   snip  . To grind corn, two
types of mill are used: grist mills and stone mills.  snip   Stone mills use
very hard stones, such as carborundum, to crush and abrade the kernels to
produce meal and flour.

Thank you very much. This explains why my experience is different. My mill
is a stone type. Also, I have one of your mixers that I received recently as
an early birthday and Xmas present.  I am absolutely delighted. It handles
six loaves of whole wheat/cracked wheat or multigrain bread with ease and
takes up no more room than my K5 Kitchen Aid mixer. I like the kneading
action of the roller and the very low speeds much better than any other
mixer I've ever had.

Carolyn