Rival Mixer

"Michael C. Zusman" <mczkaz@teleport.com>
Tue, 05 Aug 1997 08:27:59 -0700
v097.n051.12
Looking at purchasing the Rival/Kenmore 7 qt. mixer w/650 watt motor.  The
model number escapes me, but it is advertised in the Chef's Catalog.  Seem
to have outgrown my Kitchen Aid 5 qt., especially with heavier doughs or
larger batches.

At $400 plus/minus, I want to be sure I am buying a truly first-rate
product.    I saw one at a local (Portland, Oregon) kitchen supply store
and was impressed--motor at the base to avoid "counter dancing;" uniquely
shaped dough hook the purpose of which is to keep dough from wrapping
around the hook and climbing; and fairly good access while in use to make
addition of ingredients and scraping sides of bowl relatively easy.  Cook's
Illustrated magazine apparently had rated its little sister (5 qt., 600
watt motor) at the top of its class, but there was no review of the 7 qt.
model.

If anyone has experience with this mixer, please let me know either on this
list, by private e-mail or both.  Thank you.
Very truly yours,

Michael C. Zusman