Flour Mills

bredlady@softdisk.com (G Nuttall)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:48:00 +0100
v097.n048.5
Here's a great note about one type of household flour Mill that I want to
share with all who are interested.  Thanks Carolyn for your info.  I think
I will buy one now!

>Stone mills are available for around $300-400.  I recently received
>material from a company called Lee in Wisconsin.  They have a >carberundum
(going off memory here!) stone mill.

I have a Lee Household Flour Mill that belonged to my mother in law. It was
purchased sometime in the late 1940 or 50s. We had the motor rewound in 1967
but it has never required any other type of repair. The flour goes into
heavy cloth bags with a coil spring like the old screen door closers around
the mouth, and the mill pauses and cools off if the flour starts to heat up.
It uses a cylindrical stone and has a continuously adjustable grind that
goes from coarse crack to very fine flour. I do however need a new stone. (I
broke it) My husband glued it back together and it seems to work ok but I'd
still like a new one.

Here's how to reach EM Lee Engingeering - tell them I gave you the info:

EM Lee Engineering
Household Flour Mills
242 East Erie Street
Milwaukee   WI   53202