Bean Bread

Sally Eisenberg <sparky@netgate.net>
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:25:03 -0700
v097.n047.11
  Hi All,

Judi Burley was looking for a bean bread recipe from Baking with Julia in
the Bread Bakers #041. Lora Brody made this bread called Salsa Quitza. I put
the complete recipe here. Lora said that you could use vegetarian refried
beans, nonfat or regular. I have been wanting to make this ever since I saw
the show and some how miss placed the recipe. Thanks Judi for getting me to
look for it. I plan to make it this week.

Sally E.

                   *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                               Salsa Quitza

Recipe By     : Lora Brody
Categories    : Breads

                        BREAD
   1      Tablespoon    yeast
     1/2  cup           cornmeal
   3      Tablespoons   nonfat dry milk
   2      teaspoons     chili powder
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
   2      cups          white flour
   1      cup           nonfat refried beans
   1      Tablespoon    red chili honey
     1/4  cup           oil chili  mild
   1                    egg
   1      cup           water
                        FILLING
  12      oz            cream cheese -- softened
   2      cups          salsa chunky in jar -- drained
   1      cup           cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack -- shredded

 Put bread ingredients in bread machine on dough cycle. When cycle is done
remove dough from machine and roll out and place in  a 10-inch spring form
pan, press dough up the sides of form pan. Spread cream cheese over the
bread, then spread the salsa on top of the cream cheese, then top with the
shredded cheese. Set aside  and let double in size 20-40 minutes. Bake in
preheated oven 475 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. Remove side of spring form
pan and serve immediately.