Abm Recipe

"Kim" <kreese@paradise.net>
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 15:36:57 -0400
v097.n039.1
Hi all!

I just had to post this recipe since I was so impressed. I usually eat most
of a fresh loaf of bread while it is still warm and toast a couple of
pieces the next day and after that it gets thrown in the fridge to die a
slow death :-) BUT this bread is still as fresh and moist and chewy as they
day I made it, which was two days ago now. I am truly amazed. I don't think
it will be seeing the fridge at all! I hope you try it and like it as much
as I did. I found the recipe written with the skim milk and I changed it
and used the buttermilk powder and water. I used regular oats not quick -
don't know if it would make a difference.

Enjoy - Kim

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Oatmeal Bread - Breadmaker
 Categories: Abm
      Yield: 1 Servings

MMMMM-----------------------1 1/2 LB LOAF----------------------------
    3/4 c  Rolled oats
  1 1/4 c  Skim milk or water with
           4 Tb.buttermilk powder
      3 c  Bread flour
      3 tb Molasses or honey
  1 1/2 ts Salt
  1 1/2 ts Bread machine yeast

  Place all ingredients in bread pan, set crust to Light setting, and
  begin. This turned out really moist and slightly chewy - a good thing
  IMO.

  (adapted from _Bread Machine Magic_, by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway)

MMMMM

"Politeness; n. The most acceptable hypocrisy"
           -Ambrose Bierce