Re: peanut butter braid still wanted

"Bill Hatcher" <bhatcher@gc.net>
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 09:47:21 -0500
v097.n028.1
On 29 Mar 97 at 17:14, bread-bakers-errors@lists.bes wrote:

> From: "Karen D. Gouvin" <ao774@osfn.org>
> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 19:28:14 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: peanut butter braid still wanted
>
> everyone-- I am still looking for the Fleishmann's recipe for a
> peanut butter braid.  It is a sweet loaf.  Several of you sent me
> recipes for twists and the one I tried was excellent. But what I am
> looking for makes either one or two loaves rather than individual
> twists.  The recipe does not have any jam or jelly in it.  Hope
> someone out there has the recipe.  Thanks.  Karen

Karen -

I didn't have one on the computer or in my Fleishmann's recipe book
(ordered from a jar of their yeast - good book), but they have a WWW
site at: http://www.breadworld.com/

This is a real treasure trove of baking info, and on doing a search of
the site, found the following recipe.  Don't know if it is what you
are looking for, but its the best I can do.  Haven't tried it yet
myself, but intend doing so.

- - -
Peanut Butter Bread (Bread Machine)

Jelly sandwiches made with this bread received rave reviews from our
taste panel of kids. As one panel member put it: "You know what I like
about this bread? It doesn't stick to the roof of my mouth."

INGREDIENTS 1 1/2-POUND LOAF

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use reduced-fat or natural peanut
butter)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/3 cups bread flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons FLEISCHMANN'S Bread Machine Yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by
manufacturer, adding peanut butter with milk. (If dough is too dry or
stiff or too soft or slack, adjust dough consistency - see Adjusting
Dough Consistency tip below.)

Recommended cycle: Basic/white bread cycle; light or medium/normal
color setting.

Nutrition information per serving (1/12 of 1 1/2-lb. recipe): calories
209; total fat 7 g; saturated fat 2 g; cholesterol 19 mg; sodium 264
mg; total carbohydrate 30 g; dietary fiber 2 g; protein 8 g.

  Adjusting Dough Consistency: Bread machine dough is slightly
stickier than hand-kneaded dough. After mixing for a few minutes, the
ingredients should turn into a dough that forms a soft, smooth ball
around the blade.  If your machine seems to be straining or if the
dough appears too dry or stiff, add more liquid in 1-teaspoon
increments to achieve the proper consistency. If the dough seems too
soft or slack, add additional bread flour in 1-teaspoon increments
until the proper consistency is reached. Do not add more than 3 to 4
tablespoons of liquid or flour. The machine cannot compensate for wide
variations from the norm and may not bake the larger amount of dough
thoroughly.

- - -

Enjoy!

Bill Hatcher